Recommended age: 5 years +
Explore the beaches and seas with this beautifully illustrated Moulin Roty Explorers game. Based on the classic French ‘goose game’ players sail their wooden sailboat playing piece around the board until they reach the ‘treasure’ on the final square.
- The player who rolls the highest number beings the game, the game is played clockwise.
- The players choose their piece and one by one they roll the dice and move their piece forward the number of spaces, according to the dice total.
- The winner of the race is the first one to land right on space 63, treasure island, otherwise, they move back the same number of spaces.
- If at the beginning, a player rolls 6 and 3 with their dice they go directly to space 26, and if they roll 4 and 5, they go to space 53.
- If a player lands on a space that is already occupied, they take that spot and send the other player back to the space they came from.
- 9,8,27, 36, 45,54 – The boat spaces: if a player lands on one of the 6 boat spaces, they move their piece forward twice the number rolled with the dice.
- 6 – maintaining the course: the player moves to space 12
- 19 – S.O.S: the player skips a turn
- 31 – Sea rescue: the player waits for another player to land on this space in order to take their turn, or waits 3 turns to play again.
- 42 – Rainy weather: the player goes back to space 30.
- 52 – Lighthouse keeper: the player waits for another player to land on this space to take their turn or waits for 3 turns to play again.
- 58 – In the middle of the storm: the player goes back to the start.
Included in the box are one playing board, 4 sailboat playing pieces, and 2 wooden dice – for 2 to 4 players
Care instructions: Wipe over board and pieces with damp cloth, dry thoroughly.
Size: Box 30 cm x 25 cm
Designed by Moulin Roty, France